1. Part-Time Work for Students

18Nov 2011 Nagasaki-Ken
  • 转帖

Foreign students wishing to get a part-time job need to apply for a part-time work permit. Application must be made through their university or school to the immigration office.


Permitted Working Hours

  • A  student is permitted to work up to 28 hours a week.
  • A student with part-time permit may work up to 8 hours a day during summer, spring and winter vacations.


Prohibited jobs

Foreign students are restricted from doing certain jobs. The following jobs are not allowed under any circumstances, even with a work permit:

  • Host/Hostessing-style jobs, such as snack bars and cabaret
  • Jobs relating to the adult entertainment business
  • Jobs which encourage gambling, such as pachinko or mah-jong.

For more information, consult the foreign students department at your school or university, or Fukuoka Regional Immigration Bureau, Nagasaki Branch Office. Tel: 095-822-5289