There are over 100 volunteer organizations inNagasakiPrefecturewho have an interest in foreign countries and cultures. There are also facilities in major cities that provide information on events in the prefecture.
The Association offers lots of information for foreign nationals about daily life, international exchange and understanding. CDs, videos and music from countries all over the world may be borrowed and are also available for public viewing.
Tel: 095-823-3931 Website: http://www.nia.or.jp
Chikyūkan is a highly recommended place for foreign residents to meet Japanese and other overseas nationals. You can learn about other cultures, customs and traditions, and also cultivate new friendships through sports and food events.
Tel: 095-822-7966 http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp/chikuyu/
● Chikyūshimin Hiroba
There is free access to books, foreign newspapers and magazines with internet access for a small charge.
Tel: 095-842-3783 http://www1.city.nagasaki.nagasaki.jp/kokusai/index.html
● NagasakiPrefectural Tourism Federation Tel: 095-862-9407
● SaseboFriendship International Tel: 0956-23-9117
● NagasakiCity Hall, International Affairs Division Tel: 095-829-1113
● SaseboCity Hall, Cultural Exchange Division Tel: 0956-24-1111
● Isahaya City Hall, Planning and Coordination Division Tel: 0957-22-1500
● Omura International Association Tel: 0957-53-4111 (ex 229)
There are also information magazines published in English for the people ofNagasakiPrefecture, these include Nagasaki Beat (English) and Chikyūshimin (Japanese, English).